To create a digital product with Cart66, you must first define a digital product folder, where all of your downloads can be uploaded and accessed from.
After entering in all the default product settings, you will need to fill out the Digital Product Options section.
You can set a limit to the number of times a file can be downloaded by the customer. This will help the encrypted URL from being shared and downloaded over and over again.
You can upload the digital file directly to the digital downloads directory or enter a url relative to the path of that directory defined in the main Cart66 settings.
If you go back in to edit a digital product, you will be able to delete the digital file from the server directly by clicking on the link that appears underneath the filename field.
NOTE: If you are planning on delivering large files for download, we do recommend using Amazon S3 instead of a direct path on your file server.
Once a customer has purchased a digital product, they will receive a link to the download on their receipt.
If you are using PayPal Standard as your gateway, the customer will receive an email with a link directly to the receipt page instead of being redirected automatically.
To use Amazon S3 to deliver your digital files, you will first need to sign up for an account at http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
Once you sign up for Amazon S3 you will go to your Security Credentials page
You will see your Access Credentials which contain your Access Key ID and Access Key
Enter those credentials into the settings of Cart66
Create a bucket.
Note that the names must follow the following conventions:
- Bucket names can ONLY contain letters, numbers, periods (.), and dashes (-).
- Bucket names MUST start with a number or letter.
- Bucket names CANNOT be in an IP address style (e.g., “192.168.5.4″).
- Bucket names should NOT contain underscores (_).
- Bucket names should be between 3 and 63 characters long.
- Bucket names should NOT end with a dash.
- Dashes cannot appear next to periods. For example, “my-.bucket.com” and “my.-bucket” are invalid names.
- Bucket names should NOT contain UPPERCASE letters.
Upload a file and set the permissions to “Me” and “open/download”
In the product which you wish to attach the file to, enter the bucket name and file name:
When a customer purchases that product, they will now be sent automatically to Amazon S3 for delivery of the file.